Docherty Property, a property management company based in Hampshire approached us to build them a new mobile and tablet friendly website (having previously only having a holding page).
Client: Docherty Property
Project type: Full Responsive Website Build
What we did
After consulting with Docherty Property we agreed that the main features of the website would be:
- Professional design that works on all devices including mobiles and tablets
- An easy to use back-end system that would allow content to be added and edited easily
- The ability to list properties:
- Filter properties by property type, number of bedrooms, location and price
- Add property images that populate an image carousel with thumbnails
- Choose whether the property has been let
- The ability to add a Google map
- Able to choose “nearest to” certain key amenities local to the property
- Easy to use contact forms
- A secure landlord login area where Docherty Property can add landlords and supply them information about their specific properties
Docherty Property provided us with some wire frames, a logo and brand colours in order to help us create the design. We turned these wire frames in to full designs with a nice professional colour pallet and consistent use of typefaces. The design scales down perfectly to mobiles and tablets to create a great user experience.
We specialise in WordPress development and knew it could handle a property website, so the whole site was made using WordPress with custom plugins created by OxfordshireWeb (in addition to some third party plugins) for the extra required functionality. The result is an easy to use system that Docherty Property can update at any time. Docherty Property can add new content pages, properties and landlords to their system with ease. Photos can simply be dragged and dropped in to the media uploader where they are automatically resized.